Monday, April 25, 2011

ZEXAL Ep. 2 - My Name is Astral

Finally! I finally did it! I finally wrote the summary and review for Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL Episode 2- "My Name is Astral"!!! Sorry it's so late. Also, this was posted on the 28th, but the blog says it's the 25th. Anyway, here it is! Summary: The Duel between Yuma and Shark continues, with Astral appearing before Yuma's eyes, but apparently no one else's. Astral is a spirit so Kotori and Tetsuo are unable to see it, so they think Yuma's hallucinating. Yuma has a brief conversation with Astral about him being a spirit. Astral reveals that he is in fact a duelist, and that it is his turn (Yuma responds "It's my turn!"). Yuma draws and Astral tries to play defense, but Yuma decides that offense is better. But, without taking Astral's advice, Yuma is backed into a corner, and Ryoga is about to obliterate his Life Points with his Revise Dragon. Astral then gives Yuma an Exceed Monster, Aspiring Emperor Hope. Overlaying his Gagaga Magician with his Ganbara Knight, Yuma Exceed Summons Aspiring Emperor Hope for the first time! Ryoga then gets the upper hand again with his Urchin Bomb Trap. Yuma then takes out the rice ball his grandmother gave him before, and eats it, proclaming it as his victory meal. He then flips and yells "Kattobingu da, ore!" He draws...and then falls to the ground on his back. With Yuma's quick thinking, he manages to outsmart Ryoga (and Astral) with a Spell Card and blast Revise Dragon to pieces, winning the Duel. Afterwards, Astral absorbs the Revise Dragon and it becomes a part of Yuma's Deck. Yuma, Tetsuo and Kotori then start celebrating, and Ryoga gives back Tetsuo's Deck. Yuma says he would like to Duel Ryoga again, and this time they won't bet their Decks. Astral then adresses Yuma's luck, and calls him "Toma". Yuma screams in annoyance "It's not Toma, it's Yuma!". Well, that's the summary, now for the long-awaited review. I actually kinda liked this episode, much more than the first episode. It was probably because I was still mad 5D's was gone and this took it's place, but I'm over it now. I still think the characters need to do more, and not just be annoying. But I really like Astral and his awesome voice. If only Yuma could be as cool as Astral. The Duel was pretty boring, it was just as boring as last time. The Duels aren't really exciting like the other YGO series, but I am okay with it. Kattobingu wasn't used that much, only a couple of times, which is good because it was getting annoying. I liked No.39 Aspiring Emperor Hope, he was awesome. I just wish they animated his hands better, like when he grabs the sword, it just wasn't good CG. I thought the flips Yuma was doing were pretty cool, even though he is way hyperactive. Overall, a good episode after the trainwreck first one. I hope it only gets better from here. To watch this episode subbed, click the title post and it will bring you to the video. Next episode: "A Sudden Incident during the Aftermath!" I should have the review up for that in a few days. Kattobingu da, ore!!! (or, YuJaYu out!!!)

1 comment:

No bad words or stuff like that. Other than that, comment away!